Our client, an educational establishment located in Dulwich, SE21 is seeking to recruit a Boarding House Caretaker who would be responsible for a high level of upkeep and daily cleaning of the communal areas of a Senior Boys Boarding accommodation and the maintenance of the surrounding garden and grounds.
- Clean and hoover all corridors, landings and laundry room
- Clean kitchens
- Remove rubbish from communal areas
- Replenish bread, milk and all other items to maintain stock in the kitchens
- Tidy the grounds
- Carry out general repairs and minor maintenance jobs
- Put dustbins out for collection
- Order and collect household stores/cleaning materials
- Clean the lift
- Mow lawn and trim hedges in season and garden as required
Termly & Other Tasks
- Strip & Polish Floor
- Wash walls and paint as necessary
- Shampoo Carpets
- Defrost & clean fridge’s
- Assist in the set up of House functions
- Prepare House for lettings
- Comply with H&S, College Policies and other relevant legislation
- Act as Fire Warden for buildings, completing periodic checks and recording as appropriate. Ensure that clear passage is maintained on fire escape routes.
- Assist with organisation of House social events
- Any other duties as requested
40 hours per week – 52 weeks per year – 7.30 am – 4.00 pm with half hours unpaid lunch break ( a free meal is available on weekday lunch times in the dining hall) and an additional 3 hours working alternate Saturday mornings during Term Time Only.
Please note that appointment of this role is subject to police clearance as required by law for the protection of children.