Our client, an educational establishment located in Sidcup Kent, is seeking to recruit a Caretaker for a long-term temporary contract which could go permanent for the right candidate.
Purpose of Role
- Responsible for the maintenance, security and cleanliness of the school remises and site
- To represent the school in dealing with contractors and supplies involved in the repair and upkeep of the building and site.
- Responsible for the school premises when they are used for external lettings
- Carry out security operations including locking and unlocking, alarms, fire, flood, breaking and entering etc
- Ensuring the premises, furnishings and site are clean and safe in accordance with specifications including managing the materials budget, cleaning specified areas, maintaining cleaning equipment and overseeing the work of contractors or directly employed cleaners.
- Operate the heating system
- Move stores, furniture, milk, laundry and rubbish etc
- Make minor or temporary repairs to furniture, fabric and equipment, arrange other repair requirements, direct contractors and log all repairs
- Deal with contracts associated with the maintenance of buildings, grounds, electrical etc including documentation reports to Governors.
- Responsible for lettings – enquiries, bookings, payments, caretaking cover, damage etc
- Ensure that Health & Safety procedures are adhered to at all times
- Ensure that the premises and grounds are maintained
- Liaise with outside agencies regarding major/minor works
- All other adhoc duties as required.
- Fully Enhanced Current DBS
- Fit & Healthy as heavy lifting is involved
- Good Maintenance skills
- Good customer facing skills
- Computer Literate
Immediate Start Required
Hours: 7:30am – 15.00pm with one hours lunch.
Long Term Temporary Contract
Please note: If you do not hear from us within 7 – 10 days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful or the position has been filled.