Our client, a local educational establishment, located in Sidcup, Kent are seeking to recruit an experienced Chef to play a lead as well as a hands-on role in the preparation and cooking of food for the cafeteria, this includes ethnic food. Also, in liaison with the Catering Manager, plan, organise and direct food preparation and cooking.
- To prepare and cook all foodstuffs that are provided by the Catering Department.
- To assist the Catering Manager with the menu planning and food production.
- To ensure that all food is stored in accordance with Food Safety and Health and Safety procedures.
- To set-up the service counters in accordance with the Catering Manager’s guidance and procedures for each service.
- To serve all customers to a high standard ensuring that all the relevant procedures and controls are adhered to.
- To ensure that the foodstuffs are cooked in accordance with the correct Food Safety Procedures and recorded where applicable.
- To demonstrate good customer service skills.
- To undertake relevant training on or off site to improve working practices and work efficiency.
- To procure supplies and ensure that these are properly issued and accounted for.
- To carry out weekly stocktake and food rotation procedure.
- To input and maintain records on a computer and elsewhere.
- To deal with complaints about food in accordance with the schools’ procedure.
- To deputise for the Catering Manager in his/her absence or when required to.
- To take part in professional development activities including appraisal.
- To Promote equal opportunities for students and staff.
- To undertake other tasks as required by the Principal, after due consultation.
- An understanding of, and support for, the Catholic ethos of the College.
- Qualification held in NVQ Level 2 or equivalent.
- Food Hygiene Certificate held.
- Must be reliable, confident and a good time keeper.
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks.
- Experience of working in a busy environment, preferably schools or colleges, and the ability to complete tasks independently within agreed timescales.
- Flexibility and the ability to work calmly, under pressure and to have a good sense of humour.
- The ability to work effectively in a team and with a range of people.
- An awareness of the need for personal development, both as a member of a team and as an individual; a willingness to participate in INSET and appraisal.
Hours: 7.00 am – 2.00 pm
37.8 weeks per year
Additional Hours for events – paid.
Minimum 5 years’ experience required
Please only apply if you hold a Current Enhanced DBS
Start date 20th April 2020
THIS IS A TEMP TO PERM SCENARIO
Please note: If you do not hear from us within 7 – 10 days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful or the position has been filled.