Our client, an Educational Establishment, located in Sevenoaks, are seeking to recruit a Facilities Assistant.
To provide general security and maintenance of the school site and premises, to include handyperson activities, log issues with Contract Cleaning Supervisor/Staff and provide support with lettings.
- As a keyholder to be responsible for the security of the school premises, to assist the Facilities manager in making any arrangements to cover periods of absence of other keyholders.
- To ensure that the school site is fit for purpose and to pro-actively highlight concerns regarding Health and Safety to the Facilities manager in a timely manner
- To be responsible for locking and unlocking school premises outside of normal school hours and for setting security alarm systems, as required. Responding to security alarm or other call outs in accordance with agreed procedures.
- To carry out compliance checks, filling in the necessary log books and raising any issues or irregularities with the Facilities Manager.
- To identify and report building, furnishing or fittings deficiencies to the Facilities Manager and to undertake any remedial action that may be authorised and appropriate. This may involve obtaining quotes or arranging emergency repairs from external contractors.
- To undertake a range of handyperson duties as directed by the Facilities Manager to contribute to the maintenance of the school premises, and its furnishings, e.g. remedial painting and decorating; repairs to fittings and small scale improvements, fitting shelves or notice boards, etc…
- To escort contractors and other persons to sites of repair and maintenance and, where appropriate, monitoring the safety of their working practices and/or quality of work.
- To take delivery of stores, goods and equipment and arrange storage or distribution as required.
- To exercise overall responsibility for the operation of the school heating ventilation and cooling systems; ensuring that all plant and equipment operates safely and efficiently.
- To monitor usage of electricity, water and any other fuel, taking such meter readings as may be required.
- To monitor cleaning standards and advising on the correct use of equipment and materials. Where necessary perform cleaning duties.
- To be responsible for the general tidiness and safety of the outside areas; to keep surface drains free of obstruction; to ensure pedestrian access in periods of severe weather conditions, treating main entrances and paths with salt/grit as appropriate.
- To set out/put away furniture for school events, and undertake general porterage as required by the Facilities Manager.
- To make appropriate arrangements for the collection of school waste.
- To monitor and ensure safe traffic movement in car parks.
- To maintain security and life preserving equipment including mag locks, CCTV, fire system and refuge systems etc
- To prepare rooms being used for hire; including setting up, cleaning and breaking down of equipment.
- To meet and greet hirers, welcome them to the school and show them the facilities.
- To check on hirers to ensure they have everything they need.
- To lock up at the end of evening, ensuring that all Hirers are off site and all rooms are cleared.
- Basic numeracy and literacy
- Excellent DIY skills
- Experience of maintenance and repair duties
- Good knowledge of cleaning equipment and cleansing agents
- Knowledge of relevant health and safety regulations
- Ability to use basic Microsoft computer packages including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work with limited direct supervision
Hours – 37.5 hours per week, 52 weeks per annum