Our client, an educational establishment, is seeking an Admissions Assistant to supportand work alongside the Admissions Officer, in the effective delivery of the school’s admissions development plan.
Fixed Term Contract – November 2021 to April 2022
Hours:28.8 per week over 4 or 5 days
- Preparatory administration and organisation for admissions/marketing events e.g., Open Days, Taster Days and induction events
- Maintaining and updating the Marketing and Admissions Events Calendar, in liaison with key staff involved in specific events.
- Assisting the Admissions officer in receiving, processing and completing admissions enquiries e.g., responding promptly to admissions enquiries, preparing prospectus packs, logging enquiries on SIMS database, processing references and liaising with parents and agents.
- Liaison with GDST Fees department over new starters and bursary/scholarship holders’ details
- To provide administrative support to the Admissions Officer in the induction of students new to the school e.g., liaison over subject choices, allocation to Houses/forms, Primary visits, school uniform.
- To provide administrative support to Admissions Officer to maximise recruitment and retention of students
The successful applicant will have
- Solid ICT skills (Microsoft Office) and the ability to learn new packages quickly.
- Warm and professional communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to effectively complete a demanding, varied workload, within the required timescales, in a fast-paced environment.
- A customer-focused attitude presenting a positive image of the school internally and externally and ability to communicate with prospective and current parents as well as local media and service providers.
- Confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
- Attention to detail and an excellent command of spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- An ability to engage with colleagues, students and people in the wider community.
- A hands-on and flexible approach to work.
- Willingness to support marketing events outside working hours.