Our client, an educational establishment located in Sidcup, Kent, is seeking to recruit a Senior Catering Assistant. You would be working as a member of the team responsible to the Catering Manager for assisting in the provision of food for staff and students;
Hours: 9.00 or 10.00 am to 3.00 pm
37.8 weeks per year
Evening Events/Additional Hours paid.
- Basic preparation of food and simple cooking.
- The serving of meals ensuring correct portion control.
- Cleaning of the kitchen, its surrounds and equipment.
- General kitchen duties e.g. washing up.
- Preparation of the dining area, including the erection and dismantling of dining furniture.
- Cleaning of dining furniture
- Ensure food hygiene and health and safety regulations are adhered to at all times.
- To adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures, undertake relevant training and development activities and to respond positively to new and alternative systems.
- To co-operate with the compliance with relevant health and safety legislation, policies and procedures in the performance of the duties of the post.
- To carry out the duties and responsibilities of the post in compliance with equal opportunities policies.
- To maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate.
- To understand and comply with the environmental policies.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibilities of the post.
The post-holder will be expected to be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Flexibility and the ability to work calmly under pressure and to have a good sense of humor.
- The ability to work effectively in a team and with a range of people.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, students, contractors and visitors.
- The ability to communicate well with young people and to have an understanding of
Start date is on the 20th April 2020.
You must have minimum 5 years previous experience.
Please only apply if you have a current Enhanced DBS.
THIS IS A TEMP TO PERM SCENARIO
Please note: If you do not hear from us within 7 – 10 days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful or the position has been filled.