Our client, a Multi-Academy Trust of nine schools, is seeking a Senior Site Supervisor for their Crayford establishment.
To lead a team responsible for the day-to-day arrangements for Cleaning and Upkeep, Health & Safety, Compliance, Utilities Provision, General Facilities Operation & Maintenance to ensure a safe, clean and secure environment.
You would need to be willing to train to gain knowledge of regulatory bodies and compliance for planned maintenance/health and safety (to include risk assessment). You would be an effective and confident communicator (both written and verbal) at all levels and have strong IT skills.
Experience Knowledge & Skills required
- Commitment to personal and professional development
- Understanding of appropriate cleaning methods and standards maintenance and security systems and procedures and the operation of heating systems and common causes of malfunction.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations in relation to the post
- Ability to outline specifications for repair and undertake risk assessments
- Ability to work without direct supervision and manage workload efficiently
- Ability to multi-task and remain cool under pressure
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined and enthusiastic
- Full and clean driving licence
- Experience of working with site staff to achieve effective operation of facilities
- Experience of working on building projects – preferably in an education environment
- Practical/Handyperson skills that enable the post-holder to undertake building maintenance/minor repairs etc.
- Applications from candidates with a trade qualification is highly desirable
- A strong team player who leads by example with high professional standard
Shifts rotated on a weekly basis – 1 week earlies – 1 week normal and 1 week lates.
Shift hours run between the hours of 6.30 am – 7.30 pm
35 hours per week – 52 weeks per year.
Required to work one in three weekends (paid as overtime)
The successful candidate would ideally reside within half hours journey due to emergency call outs if necessary.
This is a permanent position.