Our client, located in Dartford, are looking for a Trainee RF Engineer. Our client supplies the latest high-quality, state of the art radio frequency technology to be used in the making of television programmes covering, sports, news and light entertainment events, all over the world.
Our client are looking to expand their team of on-site RF Engineers & Technicians and invite candidates looking for a career in television outside broadcast to apply for the this position. Trainee RF engineers will gain experience on-site and in the company’s equipment test areas at their base in Dartford, Kent.
Candidates with IT based qualifications and/or previous RF Engineering and wireless camera experience would be an advantage, however, they will also consider applicants with relevant skills – mechanical/electrical engineering, electronics and broadcast engineering.
Due to the unique nature of our industry, the company provide full training on our equipment, procedures, health and safety.
• To provide assistance and support experienced engineers whilst learning on the job.
• Testing, maintaining and configuration of equipment.
• Rigging and derigging of equipment at various outside broadcast locations.
• Troubleshooting and fault finding issues on site.
• Driving to and from locations with equipment.
• Good computing/IT awareness.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Works well within a team.
• Ability to use your own initiative and manage time effectively.
• Holds a full UK driving licence.
• Interest in TV technologies, media and live broadcasting.
• RF and wireless camera experience is advantageous but not essential.
Full-time, Permanent Contract.
Starting Salary: £19,000 – £25,000 per annum depending on experience, with the possibility of overtime.
Hours: Engineers are required to work 10 days in each 14 day period including weekends. Hours are varied depending on the business needs.
*based on an average of 40 Hours per week*
• Career development opportunities.
• Learning and development training courses (i.e., working at heights & fire safety).
• Sociable hours.
• 28 days holiday (incl bank holidays).
• Positive and inclusive working culture.