Our client, located in Chislehurst, is seeking a reliable, efficient and hard-working trainee surveyor to join our growing organisation. In this position you will be fully trained as a cargo surveyor and loss adjuster for the marine and transport industry. The work is varied and not just a 9-5 job. A driving licence is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Customer service skills
- To be thorough and with an eye for detail
- Excellent command of the English language
- The ability to work well with others and on your own
- The ability to use your initiative
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- To be able to use a computer and the main software packages competently
- Visiting sites to survey damage
- Gathering evidence, like security camera footage or police reports
- Requesting reports from specialists
- Checking that policies cover losses and customers are claiming a reasonable amount
- Making further investigations if you suspect fraud
- Presenting reports and recommendations to insurers
- Advising claimants on how to avoid further losses
- Preparation of reports
- Strong organisation and communication skills
- Full clean driving licence.
This is a permanent position.
Salary starting approximately £22,000. To be reviewed after 6 months.
Parking available on site