Our client, an educational establishment located in Blackheath, are seeking to recruit a School Minibus Supervisor to commence in the new term, September 2022.
The School Bus Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that all pupils are safely seated and behaving appropriately throughout the journey. There is also responsibility for escorting junior pupils either into school or handing over their care to a member of the Junior School staff.
The School Bus Supervisor should:
- Be at the School Bus departure point or agreed pick up point at least five minutes before.
- Get off the bus at each stop and help pupils on to the bus, ensuring that seat belts are correctly fastened.
- Ensure a daily register of passengers is maintained and passed to the Director of Finance and Operations on a weekly basis.
- Throughout the journey ensure that any noise is kept at an acceptable level so as not to distract the driver.
- Answer the school mobile phone as necessary when the bus is in motion.
- Make sure that any litter is correctly disposed of.
- On arrival at or near the Junior School, help the pupils from the bus and escort them into the building or into the care of a member of the junior staff. Stay with the pupils until they are greeted by Junior School staff and pass on any relevant concerns or information to staff as appropriate.
- In the event of an accident or breakdown, stay with the pupils and supervise them until help arrives. Where necessary, if the bus driver is unable to do so, contact breakdown services and/or the emergency services and school office to advise them of the situation.
- In the event of a delay, and in consultation with the driver, ensuring all parents on the register are contacted and kept up to date.
- In the event of expected absence through sickness, they are to contact the Director of Finance and Operations as soon as possible, and no later than 12 hours before their expected duty.
- In the event of a planned absence for school reasons, they are to provide one weeks’ notice to the Director of Finance and Operations.
Hours: Part time – 10 hours per week – Monday to Friday 6.30 am – 8.30 am Term Time Only
This is a permanent position.
£ 11.75 per hour